Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In 4/14/12 (Short Version)

I'm posting today since my first 5k is tomorrow!!  I'll be leaving my house around 5:30am, so I probably won't weigh-in before I leave and I definitely won't have time to post.

Weigh-in: 227.0 - Up 2lbs - Down 107.6 overall.

I continued to follow the dietician's advice to stay between 1800 and 2000 calories and focus on all the different food groups.  With the exception of Thursday when I was traveling for work and did eat out twice and wasn't able to exercise.  This is the first time I've seen a gain this big since I started this whole thing!  It could be fluid retention due to problems with my knee, but I'm pretty sure that some of it is actually a gain.  I told myself that I would give this new plan 2 weeks and I have.  It's officially not working and I'm going back to my 29 points (that the dietician thinks is too little) and eating back my exercise points.  She may have degrees, but I obviously know what works for me and what doesn't.  Hopefully I'll see the scale go back in the other direction this week!

High of the Week: Tuesday was my Week 8, Day 1 run.  It was supposed to be 28 minutes, but I wanted to see what it would feel like to do 3.1 mi to make sure I was ready for race day tomorrow.  I was able to do the 3.1 and in under 35 minutes!  I was so excited.

Low of the Week: I woke up on Thursday morning and my left knee felt slightly funny and kept bothering me more throughout the day.  I was on the road for almost 5 hours travelling for work, so I was stuck in a small space w/o room to stretch.  I had planned to run down by the river near where I was staying and was really excited to do so.  By the time I checked in to my hotel around 6pm, it was clear that running was not in the cards.  I was also afraid to do the elliptical at the hotel b/c I couldn't quite tell what was wrong or how serious it was.  There's a lot of pressure in my knee and a bump below and to the outside of my knee cap.  I decided to rest and ice it for the night.  Yesterday, I headed back home and was in the car for another 5 just seemed to get worse/more swollen.  I decided last night to just go ahead and do the elliptical since it's no impact.  That, surprisingly, made it feel better and the swelling went away for a little while.  I still have no idea what is causing it.  It is still there today, but it doesn't hurt, so I'm going to do my 5k tomorrow.  I'm sad that I probably won't finish in the time that I wanted to, but I will still finish!!

That's the short version of my weekly update.  I'll post pics and a race recap tomorrow after my 5k :)

No comments:

Post a Comment