Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In 4/8/12 Happy Easter!


Weigh-in: 225.0 - Down 0.4lbs - Down 109.6 overall.
I followed the dietician's advice and tried to eat more throughout the week.  I honestly don't know how good I was with protein - I'm not good at tracking too many things at a time.  I'm going to give it another week before I throw it out the window.  The lack of weight loss this week could just be a fluke since I had a big week last week.  We shall see!

High of the Week: I've completed week 7 of C25K!!  I ran it outside in a local (flat) park on Thursday, but yesterday I didn't feel like driving, so I set out from my neighborhood.  I know I've said before how hilly my neighborhood is...well once you hit the country road right outside of my neighborhood, it only gets worse!  I had already mapped out how far I would need to run out on the country road to get in my 3 mi (my neighborhood is only 2mi out and back).  I turned left and should have known then to just turn back - it was uphill for most of the half mile that I went in that direction (and they were not just little hills!)  Anyhow, I managed to make it out and back in 41 minutes - that's even with some walking and my warm-up/cool down.  I am so impressed that I did those hills and still made a decent time.  I know that I'll be able to finish my 5k in my goal of under 40min next weekend!

Low of the Week: I have self-diagnosed myself with exercise induced asthma.  I always cough when I'm running (inside or outside) and noticed on Thursday after I had run outside that my chest was really tight.  I have long suffered from horrendous seasonal allergies, but I have done immunotherapy and they are mostly better now.  I think between the allergens and me being new to running, I've either triggered it or it's just now becoming apparent (because I've honestly never exercised this intensely...in my entire life!)  I will be making an appointment with my Dr. to get tested and hopefully treated.  It's a bummer, but it's not going to stop me!

Best Work-Out:  Killing those hills yesterday was pretty awesome.  I didn't feel so awesome while I was doing it, but after I was done it was awesome!

Photo of the Week: 
After my C25K Week 7, Day 3 Run - hence the "glow" and beautiful hair ;) 

   



Inspiration:
Worth it
From Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment