Friday, June 29, 2012

I had my cake and I ate it too!

Yesterday was my 27th birthday.  It wouldn't normally be a very exciting birthday, but it feels like a bit of a milestone for me.  I graduated high school 10 years ago and that's when the weight started piling on.  I'm at a point now where I am getting back to where I was in weight-wise in high school.  Everyone always asks on your birthday if you feel any older and it's always kind of a silly question because one day doesn't make you feel older.  This year, though, the day itself hasn't made me feel any different, but I feel younger than I have in the past 10 years!

I know that I said I was going to get back on track this week, but apparently I forgot about my birthday being this week.  I am usually mindful of what I eat, but sometimes you just have to live a little.  My wonderful partner got me a Carvel ice cream cake - the kind with the crunchies in the middle!

I make the weirdest blowing out candles face!
 I had to work yesterday and my boss took me out to lunch - I tried to be good and chose Subway, but still let myself have a cookie and get the herbs & cheese bread instead of wheat bread.  What can I say, I'm not perfect!  Days like today are the reason that I love WW - it's all about living life in moderation.  I just can't allow EVERYDAY to be like my birthday - even if I want it to be.

Sneaky trick candle re-lit!
My mom came up last night to enjoy dinner and cake with me.  I took today off from work and we're going to go out shopping a little later!  I got some very nice presents from my mom and my partner.  My partner got me a couple little things, but most exciting of all - she got me the entry into the Dolphin Challenge at the Shamrock Marathon in VA Beach next March.  It will be my first half marathon!  I'm also going to do the 8k the day before just for fun.  I've been looking forward to this race as my first half since it is a relatively flat course, which I've heard others tout as a good one for beginners and it also has good support.

We'll see how all of the festivities impact the scale this week - I'll be back Sunday with my weekly weigh-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment